Wednesday, December 21, 2011

- The Beauty with The Beast

peep..~! this is my short story! actually to full fill the requirement of BES3033. ALHAMDULLAH. i manged to present it in front of my classmates and my lecturer - Mdm Zakiah Abdullah. thank you for the positive feedback Mdm Z. :)

sorry about the grammar mistake here and there. enjoy the simple story peeps!


The Beauty with The Beast
“What am I going to do as soon as I finish my study?”
That question keep on running in her head while counting her last day in UiTM Arau. That is the place where she completed her diploma. She still remembered her first time met her roommates. Zaimah and Zaira. Two different girls with different background but taken the same course just like her. Well, it was just the past memories. They also are the reason why she decided not to further her study for degree in that particular course – Sports Management and Recreation. Actually it was only one of them to be prĂ©cised. Not both. For a matter of fact, she never met such a mean monster in her entire life. Gosh! Only ALLAH knows how she survived. Because of that, she promised to herself that she won’t let anyone to hurt her again. Despite all of this issue, she has learnt everything. Be careful with all the beauties. They are pretending with so goddamn beautiful-innocent in front of your face but not at your back.
“It’s ok Chempaka Nadhiah, maybe not for this time.”
Three years in Arau has thought her to be more tough and firm with her surroundings. No more mercy. Do sticks to your enemies, allegiance to your friends. She will remember that forever.
“Hello. Assalamualaikum...”
It is a call from her mum.
“Waalaikumussalam. How are you my girl? How’s DiGi? ”
“Everything is fine. Thank you for asking mum.  Today my shift will only start by 6.00 p.m. in the evening. How are you doing mum?”
“You don’t have to worry about me. Everything is fine here. Your cats are doing fine too. Kak Long, you got the offer to further your study at UDM in Bachelor of English...”
“What? Are you serious? But I already checked the website from the ministry of education and they said that I had failed?”
“I already checked the offer letter. So I guess you need to prepare yourself. We will go to Terengganu by this weekend...”
“What? This weekend? But mum, I can’t simply resign from my current position and...”
“Look. Kak Long, I don’t want to listen to any but. Just make sure everything is ok. See you in another few days ok. Take care darling. I will call you again. Bye and Assalamualaikum...’
“Err... all right. I will let you know. Send my regards to babah. Waalaikumussalam..’
Silent is in the air.
Happy? Excited? Unsure. Nervous, of course.
She is not so sure about what is her feeling by the moment. She is about to enjoy her new job after she moved from Taiping for monitoring a project over there. Only ALLAH knows how she has to survive with such conditions. It was a depressed job ever. Dealing with T-Rax the monster was not an easy job anyway.
She just has no idea why out of the blue moon she decided to further study again. After all, she had left all the books and the assignments about five years ago. At the first place, she only tries her luck by fill up the form to further study.
1 – TESL at University of Technology MARA
2 – Sports Science with Education at University of Education of Sultan Idris
3 – Bachelor in English at University of Sultan Zainal Abidin
4 – ..........
Yes. That is the third choice of mine among the eight options.
******
A text sent.
Salam Alaik. Kak G, my mum called me just now. I tell you what. I got the offer to further my study at Terengganu :)
Beep. Beep. A text is incoming.
Waalaikumussalam. Is it true? Congratulations darling. But where it is?
A text sent.
University Darul Iman.
Beep. Beep. Another respond.
I never heard such name of university before. Babe, I am so happy for you since you can pursue your dream. But you still have to consider about the place too. Look. Don’t you think it’s a kind of weird when you mention about the name of your university but no one actually knows about it? Come on. It’s all about the reputation too. Don’t you worry?   
A text sent.
Of course I am worry about such issue. But I love this course so much.
Beep. Beep. Another reply.
OK. It’s up to you. You are a big girl now and you know what the best is for you, right? But make sure you have put your consideration with everything. I mean, your current situation, your job now, financial, and the most and very important is your mental preparation. I bet you are the eldest among your future classmates.
A text sent.
Thank you for your advices and supports Kak G. I will remember that. :)
It is raining out there. She is watching the soldiers of rain running down from the sky with her empty look.
                                                          ********
She should give herself a try. What is wrong with the name though? For a something to be anything it starts with nothing. No more drama. No more cry.
An 8 hours journey from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu was good. Well, it is easy for her to say that since she is not the driver. At the first place she insisted to go by herself but mum does not allow. Poor to babah because has to drive long-distances.
“Thank you so much babah. I love you”.   
“Always take care of yourself Kak Long. Don’t forget to pray. Do drop a message for anything,” said Mum.
“Don’t worry mum. I will be all right. Hence, this is not my first time.”
“Attention to all new students. You need to stand-by yourself at Foyer by 4.00 p.m. Thank you.”
*****
“Nur Husna Masturah Mokhetar from Manir. I am taking Usuluddin and Dakwah as my major.” A brief introduction from her new roommate.
“Hello. Hye babe. My name is Chempaka Nadhiah. U may call me Chem. I am taking English as my major. Nice to meet you anyway,” said her.
“Hye Chem. By the way, you can call me Husna if you don’t mind,” with a sweet smile from her.
“Err...OK.”
A new place with the new people and of course with some new hopes to be more success. She is hoping she could do better for this time than her diploma. At least better CGPA. No success without failure. With a deep breath, she knows that she ready for that.
Somebody is knocking the door. Those memories are simply shutting down with that knock.
“Come in,” said Chempaka.
“There you are Norish. What make you come to my room at this hour darling and if I’m not mistaken this is the first time you come to my room. Isn’t it?” Chempaka asks her visitor.
“You are so funny Kak Chem. I just want to make a visit. Plus, my roommate goes to the town. So it’s bored to stay alone in my room. What are you doing? Am I disturbing you? Where is your roommate?” Norish starts the conversation.
Norish is her classmate and now they are in semester two. Even though they are staying in the same house but they are not so close to each other since she can feel something bad about Norish. However, it is not good to simply abandon her with no reason.
“No you are not. I’m just blogging. My roommate goes back to her home. Have you finished your assignment? I mean your group assignment?” she is trying to be polite.
“No, not yet. That is actually the reason why I come to your room.” Tell her.
“The reason? What do you mean?” She is curious.
“It is about my group mates. Amelin and Julia. I am so disappointed with them. You know what Kak Chempaka? I am so wrong for trusting them as my best friends. I thought they can help me to do our assignment easier but actually they are not. Julia is so damn busy with her charity works. She will always give me excuses whenever I ask about the assignment. As a matter of fact, she is actually who insists to do so. The same thing goes to Amelin. She had done her part but all the things that she gave to me back were a crap! She is so useless. I can see clearly that Amelin will get a little bit lazy whenever she has me around because she knows that I will help her. I am so disappointed. Look. I do have problems but why only I need to make them comfort? Is it so difficult?” Norish starts to cry.
“Norish. Calm down, OK? Have you discussed with them about this matter?” she tries to make Norish feels comfort.
“There is no point for me to discuss this issue with them. Plus, they are not kids. Should they know what to do? Do I need to remind them about this simple issue? Come on.”
“Ok, Norish. I can understand you but it is not fair if you are only talk about this behind them. I mean why don’t you let them know about this? That will be much better than simply complaining. We are in second semester now. Should you know about them better?” explain her.
“And one more thing. Kak Chempaka, do you know anything about Nurani?”
“Nurani? What’s wrong with her?”
“She is now close to the boys and simply ignores her roommate. What a good girl of her. She is getting annoying day after day. I can stand no more with her. She loves to see people hate each other by talk about something bad about that person to another person.” Norish starts to complain.
“Are you sure? Well, if that the case, OK. I will more be careful with her soon. I do not know that she capable in doing that because she looks nice to me,” she tells Norish with no doubt.
“It’s ok Kak Chempaka. I just don’t want you to be her next victim. Just be careful.” She left the room with a wink and a smile.
*****
“Hye Kak Chempaka. How are you doing?” Mahira.
“Hye Mahirah. With all the assignments and the progress tests this week, they just drive me crazy...”
“Kak chempaka, may I ask you something. Have you ever heard about any gossip regarding yourself? Someone used to say that...”
“That what?” She is eager to know.
“That you had talked about someone. She said that you don’t deserve to say anything about that person since that person has never talks your behind,” explain Mahira.
“What? About who?”
“But, Kak Chem you have to promise me that you will not get angry?”
“Fine. Just tell me what is going on.”
“The person said that you were talking about Qayla about her attitude during the function on last Saturday. She said that it was not fair to Qayla since Qayla never said anything about you,”
‘WHAT?! Look. I did that because that person asked me at the first place and then I explained. That’s it. Not more than that. Ok. Now I understand why she ignoring me since last few days. Those statements via her Facebook was actually dedicated to me. Gosh! But, it is a kind of unfair to me because that was not actually happened. She was just exaggerating it.”
“I am sorry for telling you this Kak Chempaka. Since you asked me about it so...,” said Mahira in hesitate.
“It is ok Mahira. Thank you for such information. You help me actually.”
“Kak Chempaka, don’t you think by confronting her will make your problem easier?”
“No. I know a person like her. She will never admit with what she had done. Plus, it will only make the situation worst. Don’t ever forget Mahira, she used to claim that she is the drama queen. So, manipulating and pretending is her way to convince people...” She deflated.
Mahira leaves her alone. For the second time it happened again. She used to remind herself not to get close with such person but she thought that person was different than what she ever imagined. She looks nice in front of other people. Never say anything if there is any classmates who request for her help. She still remember the first time that person come into her room and spill out her dissatisfaction towards her group members. She should notice from earlier that – if she could back stab her best friend, the same thing will happen to others too. She thought Zaimah was the last of the real mean monster that she ever knows.      
“It is OK, Chempaka. At least she had shown her true colour of her skin,” tell her to comforting herself.
She signs in to her blog.
 “Dear drama queen, if there is a competition of goddamn gorgeous drama queen I will definitely nominate you and Zaimah for the finalist. Because, both of you deserve it. Do remember honey, the time will come. You are dangerous because you thought you are so perfect but for you to remember the beauty cannot be shine through your make-up. Sooner, people can see your beast heart.”
She signs out from her blog.
OK, maybe it was wrong to bear grudges but with everything going on in her life she had the right to be irrational, didn’t she? As a record, this is not the first time. She just wanted to amuse a little bit, but it cost her, a lot.
The semester three finally meets the end. She cannot wait to catch the flight on tomorrow’s night.
“LCCT, I am coming. See you again in semester four with more gossips and hidden agendas. I cannot wait!” tell her slowly. 

: : the author second from the right : :

0 comments:

Post a Comment